Journalism in Japan
Japanese newspapers are unique
Major Japanese newspapers circulate all over the nation.
They have much more circulations because of that.
Some regional Japanese newspapers are dependent on them, and the others are independent.
Major Japanese newspapers are published by independent companies.
Major Japanese newspapers are tied to TV stations.
Japan has few journalism education in universities (e.g. Waseda)
Japanese newspaper companies are structured based on traditional seniority
- reports a breaking news
- structured with W5H (Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How)
- has a lede, main point, and summary
- The opinion of the company
- Starts strong, finish strong
- shows the impact of the story
- non-hard news
- more narrative